Is your kids’ room too monotonous? Give a centerpiece instead! You can decorate the room with your own craft by making monogram kit. In this DIY project, you will transform plain wooden letter into a gorgeous whimsical monogram. Find out how below:
- Expo font , Clarendon Cn BT and Kid’s Monogram Kit
- Craft paint in teal, white, and lime green
- Ribbon for hanging
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Glitter paint with iridescent glitter
- Foam paint brush and medium tipped paint brush
- A paper towel to absorb any excess water
- Paint both letters: the 12” tall letter with teal paint and medium brush and the 2” tall with the white paint and smaller medium tipped brush. Paint both the front and back sides.
- Next, assemble the body of the dragonfly. You can start by inserting the half circular tab. Take the small one and insert it into the dragonfly body slot. Then, turn it over and add a bit hot glue to the joint. Secure the tab in its place by pressing it flat before the glue dries.
- Paint the both sides of the dragonfly wings using the white paint again. Let the paint dry.
- Next, paint the both sides of the dragonfly body using lime green paint. Let the paint dry.
- Once all the paints dry, slip the wings tightly onto the dragonfly body’s tab. Then, turn the dragonfly over and add a little bit of hot glue to each end of the wings to secure their position.
- Next, attach the small 2” tall letters to the larger 12” ones by applying some hot glue to keep them in place.
- Now, apply a thin layer of sparkle paint to the face of each small letter.
- Next, add glitters to the wings of the dragonfly. Add the glitters to the back side of the dragonfly wings as well if you want.
- When the glitter is dry already, turn over the letter. Then, attach a 15” piece of ribbon to the left side and top right of the letter using hot glue. After that, turn the letter over again and make a bow by tying the ribbon together. Trim off any excess of the ribbon as needed. If you don’t like any ribbon in this project, you can just simply add a picture hook by gluing it on the back side of the letter.
- And finally, attach the dragonfly to somewhere on the big letter where you want it the best using the hot glue.